Director of Operations – Pharmaceutical production plant in Houston
Our client is a US company that has built a significant, multi-decennial market positioning in its industry.
Born as a high-quality pharmacy network in Texas, the company has based its success on pharmaceutical formulation.
Its business model evolved over time, showing a horizontal expansion that generated B2C and B2B dedicated services in the pharma industry.
Today, the founder commissioned us a search for an Operation Director in Italy that will support the company across the creation of an industrial approach, having as a final milestone the devise of a production plant.
He/She will be responsible for the production activities and will guarantee the compliance with pharmaceutical legislations (FDA/EMA), along with quality and security standards required by the company.
The person will report to the group CEO and COO, while coordinating a team of 10-15 people.
- University Degree (or higher degree) in the chemical-pharmaceutical field;
- Between 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Between 3-5 years in managing a collaborators team;
- 503B business structure production processes knowledge;
- Deep knowledge of injectable pharmaceutical processes and their composition (compounding IV);
- cGMP practices knowledge (current Good Manufacturing Practice) and of USP 800 guide lines;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (C1/C2).
Required personal characteristics:
- Uncompromising absolute integrity;
- Ability to lead people by instilling confidence, fairness and credibility, as well as by meeting law and quality requirements;
- Ability to create collaboration within the team, exploiting negotiation and organization skills, final customer care and proactivity towards the job and the entire organization;
- Ability to take valid and fast decisions based on quantitative and qualitative analysis, experience and judgement with strong capability of problem solving;
- Proved high level of energy, initiative, internal motivation, and capability to work both independently and as part of an efficient team;
- High level of emotional intelligence constituted by self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social abilities.
Work location: Italia, Roma
Contract, grading and compensation: permanent contract. There will be a fixed annual salary, benefit (company car, relocation support, health insurance, retirement plan), bonuses based on KPIs.
The search is aimed towards people of both genders. Please send detailed CV in Italian with the authorization of the treatment for personal data (D.lgs.196/03).